Saturday, June 15, 2013

New Camera has one fault

One of the main reasons...probably the ONLY reason I bought a DSLR camera is for days like this.  Award ceremonies!!!!At the kids other school, either my kids didn't get award or the school didn't have award ceremonies, but at this school my kids are always getting awards or in a performance of some kind.
I was sick of being so far away that I didn't get good pictures.
In January, I bought a Cannon Digital SLR camera with a super zoom lens. This camera is amazing and takes great pictures even if I am in the back of the room.This day I knew Emily was getting an award.  I didn't know which one she was getting. But I knew it was the end of year award ceremony.  Sometimes they give out perfect attendance,but with Emily being on crutches twice and a broken arm, I didn't think that was the award she was getting. I made sure I brought my super good camera because every parent would be there and I would be in the back again.  I made sure the battery was charged and I had my memory chip in my purse.  When I parked at the school, I left my purse in the car and only took my camera bag.  Just as the assembly started, I remembered the memory card was in my purse that I left IN THE CAR~ UGH!!!! Seriously!!! I was afraid to run to the car and miss her getting the award.  I had to use my iPhone to take the pictures.  I didn't know what to do, I knew my phone wouldn't zoom in that far.  I noticed that a parent left that was sitting in the front row on the side. I ran and grabbed her seat.  When they called Emily's name...I walked to the front and took her picture.  I don't even care if I looked like an idiot.  I was so proud of my Emily for getting the GOLD PRESIDENTIAL AWARD OF OUTSTANDING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.  Way to go Emily, we are so proud of you.




This award deserved a frame :o)

No comments: