Sunday, October 14, 2012

Room Parent

A couple of weeks ago I was racing Ashley to her ballet class when I got a phone call.  
I didnt answer the phone because I didnt recognized the number.  Someone left a message
saying they were from Kaitlin class and to call them back.  So I called back.  I assumed they wanted
me to bring something to the class or something.  This was the room parent, she wanted to know if I would
take over as room parent.  She said she is the room parent coordinator and in charge of all these things at school and just cant do it.  She said all I would have to do is email parents about up coming events and update the Facebook page.  I told this woman, that I work, go to schools, have three kids in three different activities and I am achievement day leader in our ward.  I am already super busy.  BUT....I agreed to do it anyways.  She said it wasn't hard.  Especially to be room mom for 6th grade....it's not that big of a deal.
OKAY...she was dead wrong.  HELLO!!!!  I went to that meeting....there is a lot to do.
First of all, we need to collect box tops and make a container for the kids to put their box tops in at the classroom.  Second, is receipts from Fresh and Easy and make a container for those. Then a fall festival is coming up and we need to do a booth.  Thankfully that is teamed up with the other 6th grade class.  And....each class is suppose to make a huge basket to raffle off at some GALA event to raise money for the school.  AND....each class is making a craft to sell at a craft fair in December.  ALL of this needs to be done before the Christmas break.  Does that sound easy....I DONT THINK SO.
So please pray for me that I dont have a nervous break down. 

Here are some box tops I found that my mom was saving.

Here is the  container I made (in my spare time) for the Fresh and Easy Receipts.

I will say this though...I have met a lot of really nice mom's at this school so far.
The other 6th grade teachers room mom came over to plan stuff.
I really like her.  Everyone is super helpful, thank goodness.  I really hope I can do this...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

i don't know if it would be easier or encouraged, but our school sends sheets home with 25 spots (depending on the month it might have 25 little pumpkins or 25 little hearts) and they ask you to tape a box top on each icon. You turn it in when you fill it up. I like it because it is really easy and I can actually do it! Good luck on having one more thing on your schedule! You will be marvelous!

Stjerne said...

Oh that is a good idea and fun too. They just announced today that Ashley's class won the contest. They turned in 1287 box tops. The school made 1400.00 with box tops...holy cow!!! Hopefully we do this good next month :o)

Stjerne said...

P.S.
Thanks for your comment. It is good to know people actually read my blog :O)